Wednesday, August 29, 2012



Hi

This will be my first post.

My name is Maryanne and I am the Convenor of the Knox Festival Craft Competition & Exhibition.

The purpose of this site is to keep people upto date on progress of the Knox Festival Craft Competition and Exhibition.  What is that you say - well

I have been running the Craft Show for around 13 years.  I took over from the Rowville Lysterfield News in 1999 to run the Craft Show as part of the Stringybark Festival, located in the Rowville & District Neighbourhood House at Fulham Road, in October of each year.  The show started small, using only one double room to over the years expanding into the main rooms and the corridor.  Originally just Crafts I also expanded to include Art entries from beginners and then a School Section and then Special Needs Sections.

When I first joined the Committee to form the Rowville & District Neighbourhood House some 24 years ago, I stated that my ambition was to run a Craft Show to promote craft.  Little did I know that some 10 years later my dream would have been realised.

In 2010 I was asked to move the Show across to the Knox Festival in March 2011 as Craft would be more in keeping with the Festivals Art theme.

In 2012 we held the Show in its new home at the Ferntree Gully Cricket Pavillion on the Oval off Glenfern Road, Ferntree Gully as part of the Knox Festival the first weekend in March.

I have a small band of helpers, that without them the Show would not be able to be put on but more about that later.  I think that is enough for a first blog.

Maryanne

No comments:

Post a Comment